Find out more information on our goals, targets and organizational structure.
The IQ Roma Service, Civic Association, has been active in Brno since 1997. The association began working on a new profile in the year 2003 with the aim of building a modern, functional, flexible, and fully-professional non-governmental, non-profit-making organisation that could become a credible partner for citizens and public administration in Brno, the entire region of South Moravia, the Czech Republic, and the European Union.
Our Activies and Programmes
The group's activities follow two fundamental paths:
- civil activity;
- direct and indirect professional service.
It is the group's aim to support various activities of citizens and groups in terms of acquiring and applying their rights and facilitating an environment in which there can be common decision-making on public matters.
In terms of its professional activities, the organization's aim is to stimulate and support possibilities, opportunities, activity, and sheer will for socially weaker families and individuals along the road to their comprehensive social development and growth, to protect their rights and maintain their dignity, and to increase their level of knowledge and readiness for action. This we do in order to try and change the situations such people find themselves in. The organization maps out and analyses the needs and resources of local communities and can therefore focus its activity on stimulating social, economic, cultural, educational, and work opportunities and the success of individuals and families from the Roma community and from socially weaker groups, people threatened with social exclusion.
Complex offer of services and programmes of IQ Roma servis for clients includes:
- The Social Programme
- The Pedagogical Programme
- Methodical Work
The Social Programme:
Centre of Community and Field Social Work Brno (CCFSW Brno)
Centre of Community and Field Social Work South Moravian Region (CCFSW SMR)
• community and field social work services in the city of Brno and the South Moravian Region
Centre of Counselling and Employment (CCE)
• social counselling
• counselling and services in the area of employment
• legal aid and assistance
• anti-discriminatory care and aid to discrimination victims
The Pedagogical Programme
Centre of Education (CE)
• general education, computer education (MS Windows, Word, Internet, multimedia education, training in administrative skills)
• cooperation with schools and other institutions, lectures and lessons at schools etc.
Centre of Motivation and Stimulation (CMS)
• school guidance counselling, EEG-biofeedback
• drama and personality education, Theatre Forum, musical education
• leisure activities (photographing, dancing)
• cooperation with parents of children clients
• Roma youth magazine, web www.jaktovidimja.cz
• weekend activities, camps etc.
Besides direct work with clients the organization participates in parallel work of:
• informational and PR activities.
IQ Roma servis plans and offers services and activities based on:
- direct demands of our clients;
- demands of entities and institutions based on concluding an agreement on cooperation (those must be fully in line with the mission and goals of the organization;
- results of mapping and analyis of the needs within the local socially excluded communities.
In practice, the activities of the association concern and are further developed by:
- voluntary citizen involvement and activity of its members, supporters and volunteers;
- professional services offered by a qualified team of our employees (depending on the project or programme);
- information, social, legal, educational, leisure and motivation services and employment services.
All our clients in need receive these services free of charge.
IQ Roma Service target groups concern socially excluded individuals or individuals jeopardized by social exclusion of primary Roma origin under specific life circumstances which they wish to tackle.
Specifically, our target groups concern the following:
We also provide our services to:
- foreigners suffering from the phenomena described above;
- other individuals suffering from the phenomena described above regardless of their ethnic origin.
IQ Roma Service activities strategically include:
analytical activities including partial surveying in the community;
creation of concepts based on analyses and generalization of know-how gained through the daily direct work with the clients;
lobbying, consultancy and feedback for private and public institutions, primarily for employers aimed at the enforcement of anti-discriminatory principles and support of the demand for an ethnic minority workforce, especially Roma; consultancy and feedback for programmes and policies of public institutions in order to make their real impact on the target groups more efficient;
support and stimulation of production and acceptance of comprehensive strategies of social inclusion with active involvement of public administration;
information and mainstreaming activities: organization of trainings, seminars, workshops, campaigns, distribution of information, publishing activities and distribution of information materials for clients and institutions;
methodical guidance and training for teams and individuals (NNO, public institutions, etc.): methodical guidance of field social work teams, education in issues of administration, documentation and demonstrativeness of direct work with a client, training in monitoring and evaluation of work, legal training including anti-discrimination training for companies and individuals, training in selected management skills and development of NNO, administration, concept or assessment of social inclusion projects, etc.